Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Taking a Break

Today is the first day in a long time that I have been able to sit down for a minute and write a blog entry. Moving is such a big job, but somehow we survived. We started packing things several weeks ago and got the moving truck last Friday night. It took five men to get the piano down the stairs from our upstairs apartment, but fortunately it didn't need to go up any stairs at our new house.
Doug made about four trips with the rental truck and numerous other trips with a small work van that he borrowed from a friend. Yesterday we all went to the old apartment to give it a final cleaning--that was the hardest job of all as I wanted to leave it in excellent shape, so Hannah, Jenny, Rebekah and I scrubbed all the walls to try and get off all the marks. I am so wiped out from yesterday that today I am trying to take it a little easier
I will post pics as soon as I get things a little more how I want them to look. We really like being here, it is so much more quiet and peaceful.

No comments: