Monday, September 22, 2008

Being Fruitful and Multiplying


I got a call from my daughter Amy last Tuesday evening, and normally she doesn't call during the week because they don't have "free" minutes except on the weekend, so I knew something was up. Her voice sounded cheerful so I knew it was good news.

"Hi Mom, she said. Well...it looks like you are going to be a grandma again."

Somehow I knew that was the reason for the call. My mom says that her mother always could guess when she was breaking that news to her as well. It must have something to do with the tone of voice.

We only have two married children, and I would say that between the two of them we are doing pretty well. This makes number 5, and we are very happy for them. I wish we could see them all, but hopefully one day, if the Lord permits, we can schedule our furlough together with Nathan, and have a nice family reunion.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Congratulations once again! I hope this pregnancy goes smooth and healthy for her!

Melanie said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting! :-D

Amy said...

Congratulations! We are expecting our first grandbaby in Nov....we are looking forward to that!

~Gail~

Rosebud said...

Congratulations!! =) =) =)
-Amanda-