Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Joys of Doing Business

The other day I decided to order some wallpaper border for my kitchen online, mostly because here in the Islands there is very little selection to choose from, so I got on the internet and found some I liked, and ordered a roll.

I received an email today that my desired border was on back order, and wouldn't be available for at least 4 weeks. Meanwhile, I went online again and found another company that sold the same kind much cheaper--so I ordered it from them, and cancelled the first one.

When I called to cancel it, I asked them if the order had been charged to my credit card yet since it was on back order. Yes, it had been, the same day I ordered it (of course). I asked them how long it would take for me to see the credit on my statement, and was shocked when she said "two billing cycles""--in other words, two whole months!!

Why is it that they can charge you immediately for an item they can't even ship because they don't have it in stock, yet wait so long to return your money--for something you never received? Doesn't seem right to me!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Ugh! How frustrating!