Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Family, Friends, and The Dollar Store

Yesterday Leanna was up in her room for a while, and whenever it gets really quiet, I know she is up to something (several times she has given herself or her dolls haircuts). So I called up the stairs, and she said she was packing.

"Packing? What for?" I asked.

"For furlough," she responded in a rather matter of fact tone.

"Furlough?" I chuckled. We probably won't be going on furlough for a few years. What gave you the idea to pack for it so soon?"

"I just don't want to forget anything." she said.

Leanna had her favorite little suitcase filled with her favorite clothes, as well as a green duffel bag. She brought them downstairs to show me.

I couldn't convince her to go upstairs and unpack everything. I realized she was having too much fun.

"So, what is it that you miss the most about the states?" I asked.

"My sisters", she said.

What else?

My friends at church.

Anything else?

Oh yea. The Dollar Store. When I go to the states I want to go to the Dollar Store and buy a bunch of suckers. (She likes the ones that are 4 for a $1.00 that have gum in the middle).

Kids are funny aren't they? They are so honest.

3 comments:

Rosebud said...

How cute!

Arianna said...

LOL, too cute! That is so funny. Leanna always makes me laugh ;)

Jenna said...

Haha that's funny :) Sad that she misses her sisters so much :(