Saturday, December 26, 2009

Family Time in the Canary Islands












Yesterday was a beautiful, sunny day here in Tenerife, and we decided to take advantage of the good weather to drive up into the mountains and show Michael and Jenny the pine forest. You have to take some pretty narrow, curvy roads to reach the recreational park, Los Brezos, and I wasn't sure how I would handle the drive--I am not especially fond of heights and sometimes get car sick, but I did just fine. Doug kept looking over the edge to admire the flora, but I kept insisting that he keep his eyes on the road! I think he does it on purpose to get a reaction out of me!!

Once we reached the park, we got out and hiked up the mountain. There were glorious views of the pine forest, ocean, and gorges. Michael was really impressed with the scenery. It is so much fun showing a first time visitor the sights--it can be really breathtaking. We are looking forward to the next 10 days!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

We enjoyed the pictures. Hope you all continue to have another fun week upon you. Love the Hunts

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

Thanks! I think Michael likes it here so far. We wouldn't mind keeping them here a little longer!

Rosebud said...

Nice pictures! :) I hope you all are enjoying yourselves together. :)