Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jenny and Michael's Visit
















Jenny reminded me that she will be leaving Tenerife in a week--I told her that I don't want to think about that yet. I am enjoying every day that they are here. Yesterday we went to Puerto de la Cruz and had lunch with a missionary family who are good friends of ours, followed by some friendly ping pong competition. Later in the afternoon Doug, Rudy, Jenny and Michael drove to San Isidro where we have our Friday night Bible study, and did some door to door visitation and gospel tract distribution. We are praying about starting a new work down there.

Today I got up early and prepared a picnic lunch for Doug and the kids to take up to Mt. Teide, the highest point on Tenerife, and all of Spain with an altitude of over 12,000 ft. They had a good time, and came home for about 15 minutes then headed off for a Bible study with a young lady who has been visiting our church for a few months, then after that we have a Bible Club for kids. I imagine they will be pretty exhausted when they get home tonight, and I will have a special meal of Chicken Cordon Bleu, homemade macaroni and cheese, cole slaw, and corn pudding awaiting them. We are definitely making some good memories!

No comments: