Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Going on a Mission Trip


It is official, Lord willing I will be going on a mission trip to Mozambique, Africa in May! I bought my tickets yesterday. We have been thinking about it for quite some time, and it has been three years since we have seen Nathan and his family, and I really would like to spend some time with my grandkids. At their young age, they change so much, and I have never met my youngest grandson, and it would be nice to get to know them a little bit. Somehow just talking over the webcam isn't the same as being there.

There is so much to work out between now and May, vaccinations, visa, and working on renewing our Spanish residency--but I am hoping that it will all come together smoothly. I am tempted to worry about getting sick in Africa, or how I will manage traveling alone in a foreign country, but I know that God will help me.

When I see the kids, I want to celebrate their birthdays with them by taking them to Toys R Us in South Africa--something I never get to do normally. I look forward to reading a book to them, coloring pictures, playing outdoors with them. My mission: make some priceless memories!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Awww... you will have so much fun and so many memories to share with them.. I bet they are excited to see there grandma!!! :)

chip said...

Airline tickets: $$$$$$

Memories: Priceless!

:) :) :) :) :)

simplysanctified said...

How exciting! Congratulations!!!!!

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

You can not put a price tag on somethings : )
I am already dreaming about holding the grandkids in my arms, reading to them, and doing all the things I never get to do!