Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Why did Job Have to Suffer

Ever read the account of Job in the Old Testament and think maybe God was a little too harsh on him? I know I have, then this morning I read the end of the book, where Job says, "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee." Job 42:5

This speaks to me of the personal relationship we have with Jesus Christ when we ask him to be our Lord and Saviour. Before we "knew" or the Spanish verb "saber" which implies a head knowledge, but now we have a personal relationship with him because the blindness has been removed from our eyes with His spiritual healing; and now the verb "conocer" is applicable, which is much more intimate.
 

Jesus said in Mark 8:36-37: For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?



Job appeared to have everything the world had to offer. It took the trials and tribulations of this life to show him that he needed a personal relationship with God, his creator.
 

Today my friend, think of your eternity. When I was growing up, I thought our family had everything going for us......and God graciously showed us what we were missing. We had "heard" of Jesus, but now we really know, or can see Him with our spiritual eyes by faith.

No comments: