Monday, February 6, 2017

Hope Thou In God


Do you find yourself troubled, filled with anxious thoughts as you look at the serious, somewhat impossible situations going on in the world around us? I know I do. I often wake up in the morning, weighed down with the problems going on in the world--and they can be quite overwhelming if I didn't focus my attention on God's word to give me a bit of hope that He will take care of us in the midst of the trials of life.
What comfort we have afforded to us by looking into His Word for solace and comfort. God commands us to seek His face. Would we seek God if all in life was going well? We all enjoy the mountaintop experiences, but most of life is spent in the ordinary, everyday tasks and we need courage to face each new day with it's challenges. Daily we may ask ourselves the question, Where is thy God?
Psalm 42:11 says "Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
Keep seeking God in His word. The same God who got us through yesterday will be there for us today, and He also will guide us through all our tomorrows. He promises to never leave us or forsake us. The promises of God are so rich--but if we don't cling to them we will drown in our day to day sorrow.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. Psalm 46:1-3

2 comments:

The Rooneys said...

I enjoyed reading this post. I feel like that a lot. Satan is really trying to stop us from giving out the Word to those who need it.

Praying for you all. :)

-Rosalyn

Carolee's Corner Canary Islands said...

Thanks so much for the encouragement.